Kobe A5 Wagyu Ribeye
Kobe beef refers to meat from Tajima-gyu cows certified by the Kobe Beef Distribution & Promotion Council. Only purebred Tajima-gyu cows are capable of producing the supreme deliciousness of Kobe Beef. Tajima-gyu cows, the "motoushi" or purebred seedstock cattle, have maintained a pure bloodline since the Edo period (1615 to 1867) to the present day. Protecting this lineage has also meant protecting its delicious taste, and this contributes to the high cost of producing this delicacy.
Although Kobe beef delights the palates of people around the world, it is less than about 0.2% of total beef consumption in Japan. This scarcity is another factor contributing to its high price.
Designated producers in Hyogo Prefecture devote a lot of love to breeding and raising pureblood "Tajima-gyu", even among them only a chosen few that satisfy specific quality criteria deserve the tile "Kobe Beef".
Considered by many the superior steak, Kobe is simply the most sought-after beef on the planet. All meat purveyors of Kobe Beef operate under exclusive license from the Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association. Grand Western is a retailer of Authentic Kobe.
- Grade: A5.
- Marbeling Score: 8-12.
- Breed: Japanese Black "Kuroge".
- Weight 1/2" Thick: 12 - 16 oz Each avg.
- Weight 1" Thick: 20 - 24 oz Each avg.
- Weight Whole: 12-14 LB avg.
- Cattle Origin: Hyogo, Japan.
- Packaging: Individually wrapped & vacuum sealed.
- Condition: Product is frozen before shipping to lock in flavor and will arrive frozen or partially thawed.
Loading, please wait...