The Sweetest Mother's Day Recipe
Chateaubriand Au Poivre
Our Center Cut Super Trimmed Chateaubriand is aged up to 4 weeks for maximum tenderness and flavor. This USDA Prime "Steak Ready" beef tenderloin will feed up to 6 people with no problem. Bring the family together to celebrate mom with this one of a kind roast that is sure to amaze.
SPECIAL FOR MOTHERS DAY
25% Off Mother's Day Category use code : MOTHERSDAY
CHEF: Michael Kridlow
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
TOTAL TIME: 25 Min
- 2.5lb Chateaubriand https://grandwesternsteaks.com/2-5-3-lbs-sterling-silver-premium-chateaubriand.html
- 4 tbs of olive oil
- 3 tbs of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of red peppercorns crushed
- ¼ cup of green peppercorns crushed
- 5 tbs of cracked bleak pepper
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup of brandy
- 1 cup of beef stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch of fresh chopped parsley
- Serve with a side of Caviar for your queen https://grandwesternsteaks.com/kaluga-caviar.html
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, cover the Chateau in the cracked black pepper.
- Sear steak all around until well caramelized and crusted.
- Remove from pan and place into a 250* oven (not pre heated) on a roasting rack until it is time to serve (10-15min or until the inside temp reaches 115-120*).
- Create your sauce by adding the green and red peppercorns and shallots to the hot pan, cook and scrape the bottom of the pan until shallots are golden.
- Add flour to make a roux, stirring for 3 to 4 min.
- Remove pan from flame, add the Brandy and return the pan to the flame and let the brandy cook out for about 3min.
- Add heavy cream to the pan and let it thicken.
- Add the beef stock and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place the Chateau on serving dish, place sauce Au Poivre over top and garnish with parsley, slice to serve.