National Filet Mignon Day
Extraordinary things should be appreciated at least once a year. This is why there is a National Filet Mignon Day! This Sunday August 13th, is the perfect excuse for a family gathering to commemorate this delicious cut.
Our Filet Mignons has all these attributes in addition to being the most velvety and tender cut. We hand select the finest whole tenderloins available, trim them to a total trim spec and only true center cuts. The Chateaubriand is our roast-sized Filet Mignon. Tender, beautiful and deliciously roasted, it’s the perfect center cut steak-ready Filet Mignon.
Perfectly aged for 21 days and hand-crafted for maximum tenderness and flavor.
Enjoy a Filet Mignon or a Chateaubriand from any of our Grand Western Steak specialties:
- Grass Fed: Aged up to 4 weeks for maximum tenderness and flavor. The result? A heart-healthy grass-fed filet or roast sized Filet Mignon rich in Omega 3 and Vitamin A- a lot more than those fed with grains!
- Wagyu: Grand Western American Wagyu filet mignon is an exquisite and luxurious eating experience. These filets are available in limited quantities and maintain the traditional flavor that American palates love combined with the tender, buttery essence of Japanese Wagyu beef.
- USDA Prime: Prime is defined by its juicy and flavorful marbling found only in the top 2%-8% of all US Beef. Prime is the highest grade of beef and it’s most of time available only at the finest restaurants, steakhouses and country clubs around the world.
- Reserve: Grand Western Reserve beef is defined by its wonderful marbling and juicy flavor, incorporating the attributes of US Prime and the versatility of top tier US Choice Beef. Only the best pieces of meat make it to this program.
- Angus Reserve: Grand Western Angus Reserve beef is defined by its wonderful marbling and juicy flavor, incorporating the attributes of US Prime and the versatility of top tier US Choice Beef. We are glad to introduce our Signature 100% Angus Premium Beef program.
- Sterling Silver Premium: beef is defined by its wonderful marbling and juicy flavor, incorporating the attributes of US Prime and the versatility of top tier US Choice Beef. Sterling Silver Premium Choice Beef includes the top 12% of all US Beef.
Our talented chefs at Grand Western Steaks gave us insight on some tasty Filet Mignon Recipes for you to prepare and enjoy. Feel free to get inspired for Filet Mignon Day!
Grand Western Reserve Filet Mignon with Cognac Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
First, Chef Marco Pilloni brings us a delicious recipe for our Filet Mignon. Enjoy the exquisite flavor of this steak combined with a cognac peppercorn sauce.
What You’ll Need
- 2 each 10 oz Grand Western Reserve Filet Mignon. On SALE! Buy it here
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp. green peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup cognac
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
What You’ll Do
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium to high heat. Rub steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan and give a heavy sear (about 4 minutes per side). Remove and let rest.
- Lower pan to medium low heat, add peppercorns and shallots. Lightly sauté and add cognac reduce until liquid is almost evaporated (be careful it could flame up). Once liquid is almost evaporated add cream, sage and return steaks to pan with liquid, add butter.
- Served steaks should be medium rare.
Chateaubriand Au Poivre
Chef Michael Kridlow shares with us a special recipe for Chateaubriand. Enjoy our special 25% OFF on this steak here.
What You’ll Need
- 32 0z Chateau Filet On SALE! Buy it here
- 4 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. of AP Flour
- ¼ cup of red peppercorns crushed
- ¼ cup of green peppercorns crushed
- 5 tbsp. of cracked bleak pepper
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup of Brandy
- 1 cup of Beef Stock
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Bunch of freshly chopped parsley
What You’ll Do
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, cover the Chateau in the cracked black pepper.
- Sear steak all around until well caramelized (crusted).
- Remove from pan, place in a 250* oven (not preheated) until serving.
- Sauce: Add the green and red peppercorns, and shallots to the hot pan. Cook and scrape the bottom until shallots are golden. Add flour to make a roux - 3 to 4 min. Remove pan from flame, add the Brandy, return and let cook out -3 min.
- Add Heavy Cream, and let it thicken. Add the beef stock and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place the Chateau on a serving dish, place sauce Au Poivre over top and garnish with parsley.
Porcini Dusted Filet Mignon with Grilled Shrimp and Mushroom Sauce
Our third suggested recipe combines three favorites: Filet mignon, shrimps and mushrooms. Want to try it for yourself?
What You’ll Need
- 4 x 6-7 oz. trimmed filet mignon On SALE! Buy it here
- 3 oz. unsalted butter softened
- 1 oz. shallots minced
- 2 oz. red wine
- 2-3 oz. exotic mushrooms trimmed and peeled (save peelings)
- 1 pt. demi-glace
- 1 bay leaf fresh
- to taste black pepper to grind
- to taste sea salt to grind
- 1 pinch fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 Tbs. dried porcini mushrooms
- 8 u-10 shrimp peeled and deveined
- To-taste salt
- To-taste pepper
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
What You’ll Do
- Coat 1 side of the steak with salt, pepper and half of the porcini dust.
- To make the dust, place dried mushrooms in a spice grinder and grind into a dust
- Preheat an iron skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the butter and allow to get nice and hot.
- Carefully place seasoned side down in the skillet. At this time season the steak again. Sear steak until a nice crust forms (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip steak and cook another 2 minutes until a crust forms on the other side of the steak.
- Remove meat from skillet and keep in a warm place.
- Add minced shallot and trimmings. Sweat until shallots are fragrant but not browned, stirring often. Add wine and fresh herbs. Reduce wine by half.
- Add to demi-glace and reduce heat to medium.
- Add exotic mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add filet back into sauce and cook another 5 minutes until medium rare temp is achieved.
- During this time grill the cleaned shrimp, season with salt and pepper. Use caution since shrimp cook extremely quick and can easily overcook.
- When cooked, remove from heat and juice with lemon wedges.
- When filets are cooked to your liking, remove from saucepan and place on a warm plate.
- Adjust seasoning of sauce with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and whisk in remaining butter.
- Coat filet with sauce and mushrooms, add shrimp to plate. This serves 4 portions.
Serve and enjoy!
Enjoy any of these recipes at a special price exclusively at Grand Western Steaks.
Offer expires August, 13th 2017.